TNT Post Celebrates 5th Anniversary
TNT Post celebrates 5th anniversary
- TNT Post now has 14% of UK market handling over 2.5bn items a year.
- UK business and public sector benefit from innovative services.
TNT Post is celebrating five years of success since it launched its services in the UK in August 2004. In that time, the company has experienced incredible growth from delivering 300 million items in its first year to over 2.5billion today. With a 14 per cent market share, it has consistently been the leading competitor to Royal Mail and now employs over 800 people.
The company launched with Sky as its first client and now has nearly 4,000 customers across the UK in all sectors ranging from financial services, utilities and retail. Well known clients include Barclays, Centrica and BT, NPower, Next and Orange.
TNT Post was the first company to develop dedicated services for customers with small and irregular mail volumes which has enabled it to provide small and medium sized organisations with the opportunity to share the economic and service benefits of UK postal service deregulation.
TNT Post has also made significant progress in working for clients in the public sector, including Shropshire County Council, Solihull Community Housing, Dudley Group of Hospitals NHS Trust as well as through Government procurement agencies including Buying Solutions and Value Wales.
The company has made multi-million pound investments in regional sorting and distribution depots that house market leading mail sorting technology. Customers throughout the UK have benefitted from the rollout of dedicated offices in Scotland, the South West and Wales, the North, Midlands and London and the South East with the head office in Marlow, Buckinghamshire.
When TNT Post launched it made a commitment to innovate the UK postal market and it has delivered on that promise with a series of new services, including:
- The UK's first carbon neutral mail service in the UK (2008)
- greenPost designed to encourage direct mailers to meet the new PAS2020 environmental standard
- yourStamp a bespoke, customer designed stamp service which have proven to increase the response rates of direct mailings
- TNT-it an innovative hybrid postal service, allowing users to send letters from their PC to TNT Post's partners print and fulfillment facilities, for printing and delivery
- 3-DM: first true 3D effect direct mail product in the UK
Nick Wells, chief executive of TNT Post UK said, "I want to thank all our customers, partners and staff for their contribution to making TNT Post the success it is today. We promised five years ago that we would offer an innovative, value for money service that would benefits all potential customers. We have made great progress, but we will not sit back and be complacent."
"We face stiff competition from Royal Mail that has a 374 year advantage over us and we have worked tirelessly to make sure that everyone in the UK benefits from postal deregulation; we continue to lobby for a competitive playing field in the UK on issues such as VAT that currently put 40% of the market out of our reach."
"We will continue to innovate and provide value for money service for our customers and look forward to another five years of success in the UK."
Not yet a Customer?
Aside from our ability to collect and sort your mail during a Royal Mail strike, our customers take advantage of several further benefits:
- Cost savings of up to 15%
- Dedicated local account management teams
- An expanding and varied product portfolio
- Reliable collections
Click here to start browsing our solutions and get in contact with us to start taking advantage of a better postal service.